Considering a career in sport?
Inspire Suffolk’s Step Up courses aim to provide young people (16-24 years) the opportunity to gain industry related training and qualifications required as a stepping stone in to employment.
Step Up courses last two weeks and support young people’s first steps in to employment within their desired sector. Step Up will be running in Sport & Active Leisure, Health & Social Care, Catering & Hospitality, Customer Service and Construction, with more to be added throughout the year.
Full time / Free to attend / Travel & Lunch available
Thank you to the New Anglia LEP’s Community Challenge fund for funding the launch of our programmes.
Sport & Active Leisure – Beginning 8th May – 19th May
Providing young people with a keen interest in the Sport & Active Leisure sector an opportunity to gain industry related skills and experiences that will support the first steps into employment within this sector.
Through theory and practical sessions, Step Up will cover the aspects of:
- The sport and active leisure sector
- Delivering sporting events
- Safeguarding and protection of children
- Finding and applying for opportunities
- Making your CV stand out
At the end of the course, you will have:
- DBS (required for all posts working with children and young people)
- The skills and tools to start your career
- Opportunity to progress on to a sports traineeship or apprenticeship
To express an interest in our Step Up in Sport & Active Leisure, please contact Jordan Kemp on email@example.com