Sport Development Coach (Casual Contract)
This is an exciting opportunity to join the coaching and teaching team at one of Suffolk’s most energetic charities. Inspire is committed to using sport to inspire, motivate, educate and improve the health and life chances of young people in Suffolk who are in need. We are currently looking to add to our coaching team who support the delivery of various sports coaching programmes including:
- PE and Sport Development programmes in Primary Schools.
- Our ‘Turn Up & Play’ initiative, which are free to access sports sessions for 5-16-year-olds. We offer a wide range of sports for young people to try and use as a platform for social, personal and physical development.
- Disability & Inclusion Sport Coaching programmes.
- Sport, Dance and Craft activity Holiday Clubs.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- Work closely with our partnering Primary Schools to deliver outstanding PE and extra-curricular provision.
- Plan, deliver and develop inclusive, challenging and enjoyable sport and holiday camp provision.
- Manage equipment and admin to comply with Inspire’s policies and procedures.
- Meet the deadlines set by Programme Co-ordinators to aid Inspire’s continuous development and operations.
- Provide support and cover for fellow coaches to ensure standards remain high within the sports department.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- FA Level 2 Qualification (minimum) or Equivalent Level 2 (National Governing Body) Sports Qualification.
- Other NGB (National Governing Body) Level 1 or 2 Qualifications – Core Sports.
- Up to date safeguarding and 1st aid training.
- Experience of working with and/or coaching children.
- Experience of working in a classroom setting.
- Competent teaching/coaching the guidelines set out by the national curriculum.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to be organised and work using own initiative.
- Able to gain an enhanced DBS certificate.
- Full and clean driving licence, with use of a vehicle.
Location: Based in Ipswich, although delivery sessions may take place around Suffolk
Contract Type: Depending on suitability
Hourly Rate: Dependant on experience and qualifications (£6.66 – £9.23)
Closing date: On-Going
Interview date: TBC
Inspire. Reg. Charity No: 1101519
No agencies please.