Youth Support Worker
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at one of Suffolk’s most energetic charities. Inspire Suffolk has been providing community education and sport activities since 1997, as a registered charity since 2003. It offers high quality education and sport coaching programmes across Suffolk. As a charity, Inspire is working in partnership with a range of organisations, including, but not exclusively, many of Suffolk’s colleges and the Department for Education, Suffolk Sport, Suffolk County FA and Suffolk County Council.
In all that it does, the charity seeks to achieve excellence and is wholly committed to providing a safe, innovative and effective range of programmes, open to all.
We are looking for a Youth Support Worker in West Suffolk and in Essex to offer guidance and support to young people in their personal, social and educational development to help them reach their full potential in society.
Activities and Responsibilities:
- Assess the needs of young people and signpost them onto relevant Inspire Suffolk programmes such as Team, Step Up, apprenticeships, traineeships and personal care programmes;
- Regularly monitor and review the quality of the local youth work provision;
- Support young people in different settings, including outreach work;
- Mentor, coach and support individuals and encourage greater social inclusion;
- Work in partnership with professionals from other organisations that support young people;
- Support the recruitment of young people onto post 16 provision within the charity
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- First Aid at Work Certificate
- Full UK Driving Licence and own vehicle
- Able to gain an enhanced DBS certificate
- Previous experience of working with young people
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish good relationships with young people;
- Patience, tolerance, and flexibility
- Good communication skills, including report writing and delivering presentations.
Location: Lindbergh Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP3 9QX
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Contract: One-year fixed-term contract
Salary: £16,000 – £18,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Closing date: Friday 7th December, 1200 noon
Inspire Suffolk. Reg. Charity No: 1101519
No agencies please.