Weekend Duty Supervisor
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Suffolk’s most energetic charities that are looking to expand their provision across Suffolk and Essex. Inspire is a charity recognised and valued for the work undertaken with young people experiencing severe disadvantage and social instability, who need opportunities for purposeful reintegration into society. Working with Access Community Trust we will be delivering the Youth Employment Service for East Suffolk.
We are looking for someone to join our team to look after the site maintenance at weekends. The successful person will support the smooth running of the Inspire site and understand and use measures to enable continuous improvement and seek value for money opportunities to get the service right the first time.
Key objectives of role:
- To support the smooth running of the Inspire Lindbergh Road site at weekends.
- To take personal responsibility for the understanding and application of the Inspire Values.
- To take personal responsibility for own Health, Safety and Welfare and that of colleagues in the workplace.
- To take personal responsibility for seeking value for money opportunities to get service right first time.
- To understand and use measures to enable continuous improvement, taking pride in the upkeep and visual presentation of the site.
To be responsible for:
- Opening and closing the premises.
- Alarm activating/de-activating and ensuring all doors and windows are secured.
- Maintaining services to the building (e.g. replacing light bulbs, changing door locks, unblocking sinks/toilets).
- Ensure fire exit doors are kept clear at all times.
- Removing and Setting up sports equipment where needed.
- Emptying bins where needed around the facilities (both internally and externally).
- Lead and Assist in the set up for Inspire internal and external events i.e. Staging, PA system, Tables and chairs.
- Litter pick around the site.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Enhanced DBS certificate (can be applied for if you do not already have this).
- To be able to maintain good working relationships with a wide range of people.
- To be able to work on own initiative, with minimum supervision, in a busy environment.
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritise and manage workload.
- Enthusiastic, stamina and willingness to work unsociable hours.
- Keen interest in sport.
- Experience in setting up for events.
- First aid and fire marshall trained.
Application deadline: 26/03/2021
Salary: £8.46 to £10.00 /hour
Hours: 12 hours per week
Closing date: 26/03/2021
Further information about Inspire and job description can be found at https://inspiresuffolk.org.uk/about-us/career-opportunities/
Salary: Minimum wage
Hours: 12 hours per week (Saturday and Sunday)
To apply for this role please complete an application form or send your CV along with a covering letter, highlighting the qualities you believe you can bring to our charity, to Steph Ward at [email protected].
Inspire. Reg. Charity No: 1101519 No agencies please.