Sports Development Officer – Turn Up & Play and Weekly Coaching
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Sports team at one of Suffolk’s most energetic charities. Inspire Suffolk is committed to using sport to inspire, motivate, educate and improve the health and life chances of young people in Suffolk who are in need.
Inspire have been providing community educational and sports activities since 1997 and offers high quality education and sports coaching programmes across Suffolk.
The role will be responsible for planning, delivering and developing Inspire Suffolk’s Turn Up and Play and Weekly Coaching Centres and activities. The main purpose of the role is to ensure high quality provision is available and to meet participation targets across all delivery periods, developing new initiatives across Suffolk.
- Plan delivery and evaluate high quality Turn up and Play and Weekly Coaching Sports sessions across Suffolk, Norfolk and Essex.
- Monitor and evaluate performance, ensuring that KPIs are met or, where possible, exceeded.
- Promote the Turn Up and Play and Weekly Coaching Centres to potential clients such as schools or individuals.
- Manage resources and a budget, and identify potential opportunities for extra funding.
- Liaise with the Apprenticeship Tutor and student mentors to ensure successful delivery of programmes to young people
- Safeguarding qualification
- Minimal of Level 2/ Equivalent recognised coaching qualification in one sport.
- Experience of managing children’s provision, and programmes
- Experience of working with and/or coaching children
- Experience of leading and managing a team of staff
- Able to work to agreed targets with set deadlines, and familiarity of working with KPIs
- Able to gain an enhanced DBS certificate
- Clean driving licence and own transport
- First aid qualifications
- Sports coaching qualifications
- Full time, 37.5 hours per week
- Based at Head Office, Ipswich, with regular travel around Suffolk, Norfolk and Essex
- Salary £16,500 – £19,000 per annum
- Closing date: Wednesday 12th December 2018
- Interview Date: Monday 17th December 2018
Download the job description here.
Download the full job description. Please send a completed application form with a covering letter highlighting the qualities you believe you can bring to our charity to Rebecca Anderson-Brown, Flagship [email protected].
Inspire Suffolk. Reg. Charity No: 1101519 No agencies please.