Sports Coach (37.5 hr Contract)
This is an exciting opportunity to join the coaching and teaching team at one of Suffolk’s most energetic charities. Inspire Suffolk is committed to using sport to inspire, motivate, educate and improve the health and life chances of young people in Suffolk who are in need. We are currently looking to add to our coaching team who support the delivery of various sports coaching programmes including:
- PE and Sport Development programmes in Primary Schools.
- Our ‘Turn Up & Play’ initiative, which are free to access sports sessions for 5-16 year olds. We offer a wide range of sports for young people to try and use as a platform for social, personal and physical development.
- Disability & Inclusion Sport Coaching programmes.
- Sport, Dance and Craft activity Holiday Clubs.
Purpose of Role:
- Work closely with our partnering primary schools to deliver outstanding PE and extra-curricular provision.
- Plan, deliver and develop inclusive, challenging and enjoyable sport and holiday camp provision.
- Manage equipment and admin to comply with Inspire Suffolk policy and procedure.
- Meet the deadlines set by programme coordinators to aid Inspire Suffolk’s continuous development and operations.
- Provide support and cover for fellow coaches to ensure standards remain high within the sports department.
- Assist the development and growth of the sports department.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Level 2 (National Governing Body) Sports Coaching Qualification.
- Other Sport Coaching Level 1 or 2 Qualifications – Core Sports.
- Up to date safeguarding and 1st aid training.
- Experience of working with and/or coaching children.
- Experience of working in a classroom setting.
- Experience teaching/coaching children with additional physical/learning needs.
- Competent teaching/coaching the guidelines set out by the national curriculum.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to be organised and work using own initiative.
- Able to gain an enhanced DBS certificate.
- Full and clean driving licence, with use of a vehicle.
- Location: Based in Ipswich, and delivery includes in the Woodbridge area. Applicant must be prepared to travel countywide.
- Contract Type:5 hour p/w fixed term contract until September 2019, with potential to become permanent
- Salary: Dependant on experience and qualifications (15-18k)
- Working days: Monday – Saturday AM
- Closing date: 20th March 2019
- Interview date: 25th March 2019
Inspire Suffolk. Reg. Charity No: 1101519 No agencies please.