This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Suffolk’s most energetic charities who are looking to expand their provision across Suffolk and Essex. Inspire Suffolk is a charity recognised and valued for the work undertaken with young people experiencing severe disadvantage and social instability, who need opportunities for purposeful reintegration into society. Working with Access Community Trust we will be delivering the Youth Employment Service for East Suffolk.
We are looking for someone to join our team to look after the site maintenance. The successful person will support the smooth completion of maintenance at the Inspire Suffolk site and understand and use measures to enable continuous improvement through awareness of the site and have a structured approach to repairs, maintenance and renewals.
Responsibilities will include:
- Referring to and updating the maintenance log in order to carry out essential maintenance.
- Carrying out the scheduled maintenance in and around the site reflected in the site schedule for uplifts and routine tasks.
- Ensuring the physical safety of the building and its users during shift.
- Ensure fire exit doors are kept clear at all times.
- Emptying bins where needed around the facilities (both internally and externally).
- To support the cleaning and admin team within the centre when needed.
Essential Requirements for this role include:
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with a wide range of people
- The ability to work on your own initiative with minimum supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Experience of maintenance tasks, being able to use tools and work within a budget to repair and renew where possible
- Experience of delivering exceptional customer service
Salary: £18,000 – £21,000 per annum (pro rata)
Hours: 10 hours per week
Closing date: 7 February 2020 at 17:00
Interview date: Wednesday, 12 February 2020
To apply for this role please complete an application form and send along with a covering letter, highlighting the qualities you believe you can bring to our charity, to Steph Ward, Centre Operational Manager at [email protected].
Inspire Suffolk. Reg. Charity No: 1101519 No agencies please.