This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Suffolk’s most energetic charities. The Charity aspires to see generations of young people empowered to raise their ambitions and realise their potential through the work that they do.
As the Project Manager you will report into the Deputy Chief Executive as well as working alongside Trustees, Chief Executive, Chief Operating Officer and SMT. You will work with the Senior Management Team to deliver the priorities in line with the mission statement of the Charity. You will lead an ambitious and compelling strategy that supports the interaction the Charity has with young people in need across Suffolk and beyond. You will lead a financially sustainable, high-quality service which delivers skills and lifelong learning in response to community need. You will also be leading continuous programme improvement and ensure high quality and consistent programmes are delivered in line with compliance from subcontractors. You will take personal responsibility for the understanding and application of the Inspire’s Charity Values.
Key objectives of the role:
- Provide strategic leadership and direct management to shape and develop a range of programmes to achieve the best possible outcomes for service users.
- Take responsibility for improving performance of programmes and determine and review strategic priorities alongside the senior management team
- Effectively manage budgets and allocated financial resources to achieve the best possible outcomes for programmes.
- Ensure that programme planning, and delivery takes account of national and locally agreed performance standards and are provided within policies and procedures of Inspire Suffolk
- Actively build and maintain internal and external relationships with partners, communities, politicians, the public and the media.
- Motivate, mentor and support staff to develop high quality practice, embed behaviours and lead effective ways of working within the team.
- Implement and maintain high quality and effective performance management focusing on the delivery of performance indicators and individual objective development plans.
- Take responsibility for workforce planning, selection, recruitment, disciplinary and grievance processes and training and development.
- To take personal responsibility for own Health, Safety, Welfare and safeguarding of that of colleagues in the workplace.
As the Project Manager, you will have experience of building and utilising networks to the benefit of the charity. You will have experience of delivering engaging presentations to large groups as well as experience successfully managing budgets. You will have the ability to maintain good working relationships with a wide range of people. Ideally, you need experience in using computer systems and equipment. Including but not exclusively Word, Excel, PowerPoint. You have exceptional organisation skills to cope with demanding situations and to work to deadlines. You will need a track record of working at a senior level within a skills or adult learning environment. You will have the ability to motivate colleagues and develop their professional capability.
This role is full-time role working 37.5 hours per week and on offer is a salary of £24,962 – £31,102 per annum (depending on experience).
Full job description is available here.
If you think you have the right skills and experience to support our great charity in supporting young people, then please get in touch!
Click here for details on how to apply.
Closing date: Wednesday, 24th November
Interviews: Tuesday, 30th November