NCS Youth Engagement Coordinator
Inspire Suffolk is one of Suffolk’s most energetic youth charities, transforming the lives of the young people we work with through a range of education programmes. We aim to develop and expand our National Citizenship Service Programme and the NCS Youth Engagement Coordinator will be key to achieving this ambition.
The successful candidate will work with the Education Programmes Manager designing, developing and delivering annual Summer and Autumn NCS Programmes. They will also have the ability to deliver engaging recruitment presentations (virtually and physically) to young people aged 15-17 years within a school environment.
Whilst taking personal responsibility for the understanding and application of the Charity’s values, the NCS Youth Engagement Coordinator will be committed to achieving monthly Key Performance Indicators to ensure that we reach maximum funding at all times.
- Being the point of contact for delivery staff, stakeholders, young people and parents/guardians associated with the NCS programme.
- Delivering a variety of fun, keep warm, events to ensure young people remain engaged and attend the programme.
- Evaluate on programme delivery and make amendments to ensure continuous improvement.
- Support the overall recruitment and training of NCS delivery staff alongside the Education Programmes Manager.
- Keep internal systems up to date.
- Design, implement, recruit and deliver monthly community Local Action Groups.
- Coordinate graduation activity with input from the NCS Programmes Manager and wider team.
- Adhere to Health, Safety and Safeguarding guidelines and ensure these are prioritised as part of the planning and delivery.
- Work with the Education Programmes Manager to ensure NCS delivery remains within budget.
Key skills and attributes
- Ability to inspire and engage young people face to face and through virtual platforms.
- Effective Team Working skills.
- Presentation Skills.
- Good organisation and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively plan, manage, monitor and take proactive action.
- Self-motivated and target driven.
- Ability to work to deadlines and agreed timescales.
- A willingness to work outside of normal office hours when required.
Experience and qualifications
The successful candidate will:
- Have a good level of education including GCSE grade A-C in English.
- and hold the full UK driving licence with access to their own vehicle.
- Have knowledge of Safeguarding, risk management and the effective management of critical incidents.
- Be experienced in working with groups of young people aged 15-17 years of age, preferably during a residential setting.
- Previous recruitment experience, particularly engaging with young people in an education environment.
- Excellent knowledge of the NCS programme, ethos, curriculum planning and delivery.
A qualification in Youth Work is desirable, as is proven experience of coordinating NCS or similar programmes. The post holder will be required to hold an Enhanced DBS certificate which can be organised if not already in place.
A full job description for this role is available here.
Closing date: Wednesday, 21st July at 1700 hours
Interviews: w/c 26th July 2021
Contact for applications: Garry Mills, Education Manager at [email protected]