NCS Team Leader (Seasonal)
Inspire Suffolk have an exciting opportunity for you to join one of Suffolk’s most energetic youth charities this summer.
Inspire Suffolk transforms the lives of young people across Suffolk through a range of education and development programmes, we are currently recruiting for experienced, motivated and energetic people who have experience of working with young people, to lead and support a team of 15 young people during our summer holiday programmes.
The National Citizen Service (NCS) is a fantastic opportunity open to all 15 to 17-year-olds across England, providing them with skills and experiences that can’t be learnt in the classroom. We aim to support participants’ personal and social development and help them develop the confidence, skills and attitudes they need to take on active roles in their communities and develop themselves for their own future.
AIM OF THE ROLE: As part of the role you will need to encourage, motivate and inspire teams to make the most of their NCS experience and help them to develop transferable skills for their future.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES: Your main duties will include:
- Supporting, encouraging and motivating a team of fifteen young people to complete all phases of the NCS programme
- Assisting the NCS Programme lead/ NCS Wave Leader to ensure all safeguarding, data handling and health & safety requirements are in place to protect NCS participants and staff.
- Engaging and building positive relationships with young people
- Working with the NCS staff team to deal with any challenging behaviour from young people.
- Ensuring programme content is relevant to the local community and builds on existing relationships with partner individuals and organisations
- Leading on delivering ice breaker activities to young people at keep warm events and during the actual programme.
QUALIFICATIONS: To be successful in this role you will need:
- A-levels or equivalent
- Knowledge of the NCS programme.
- An understanding of Health and Safety, Safeguarding and data handling practices.
- Understanding of local community needs
- Experience and understanding of the issues affecting young people.
- Ability to work on your own initiative to an agreed action plan.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues with tact and diplomacy
- Able to work within a flexible timetable
- To monitor attendance and report absences to the Wave Leader
- To uphold and positively contribute to the credible reputation of Inspire Suffolk and the ethos of NCS, over the course of all activities associated with the NCS programme.
Dates Available for Ipswich and Lowestoft programmes:
Wave 1 – 26th July – 13th July (3 week programme)
Wave 2 – 16th August – 27th August (2 week programme)
The 3 week programme includes a residential element and therefore applicants must be able to stay away from home for 4 nights during the first week of programme.
Please state your preferred Wave within your application
For a 3 week programme you can earn up to £1,495
For a 2 week programme you can earn up to £975
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a completed application form with a detailed covering letter highlighting the experience and qualities you believe you can bring to our charity, and email this to Garry Mills, Education Manager at [email protected]
The closing date for applications is the 24th May at 12pm, Interviews will take place on the 26th and 27th May.