NCS Team Leader (Seasonal)
Inspire Suffolk have an exciting opportunity for you to join one of Suffolk’s most energetic youth charities this Autumn.
Inspire Suffolk transforms the lives of young people across Suffolk through a range of education and development programmes, we are currently recruiting for motivated and energetic people who have experience of working with young people, preferably on NCS to lead and support a team of 15 young people during our Autumn programmes.
The National Citizen Service (NCS) is a fantastic opportunity open to all 15 to 17-year-olds across England, providing them with skills and experiences that can’t be learnt in the classroom. We aim to support participants’ personal and social development and help provide them with the confidence, skills and attitudes to take on active roles within their communities and develop themselves as part of their transition into adulthood.
AIM OF THE ROLE: As part of the role you will need to encourage, motivate and inspire teams to make the most of their NCS experience and help them to develop transferable skills for their future whilst following a robust curriculum of learning and activities.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES: Your main duties will include:
- Supporting, encouraging and motivating a team of fifteen young people to complete all phases of the NCS programme
- Assisting the NCS Programme lead/ NCS Wave Leader to ensure all safeguarding, data handling and health & safety requirements are in place to protect NCS participants and staff.
- Engaging and building positive relationships with young people
- Working with the NCS staff team to deal with any challenging behaviour.
- Leading on delivering a range of ice breaker activities to young people at keep warm events and during the actual programme.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE: To be successful in this role you will preferably have:
- A Levels or equivalent
- First Aid
- Knowledge and experience of the NCS programme.
- An understanding of Health and Safety, Safeguarding and data handling practices.
- Understanding of local community needs
- Experience and understanding of the issues affecting young people.
- Ability to work on your own initiative to an agreed action plan.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues with tact and diplomacy
- Able to work within a flexible timetable
- To monitor attendance and report absences to the Wave Leader
- To uphold and positively contribute to the credible reputation of Inspire Suffolk and the ethos of NCS
Dates Available for Ipswich and Halesworth programmes:
Wave 1 (Ipswich) – 2nd November to 19th November (11 days over 3 weeks)
Wave 2 (Halesworth) – 9th November to 26th November (11 days over 3 weeks)
Please state your preferred Wave within your application
Fixed rate of £975 per wave
HOW TO APPLY: Please attach a CV and Covering letter in an email to Garry Mills, Education Manager at [email protected], clearly explaining why you are applying for the role and how your experience matches what we are looking for in the job specification. As part of our NCS safer recruitment we also require you to register your interest on the NCS website https://wearencs.com/work-with-us/on-programme please select Inspire Suffolk as your preferred provider
The closing date for applications is the 6th October at 12pm, Interviews will take place on the 11th October