NCS Team Assistant (Seasonal)
Inspire Suffolk have an exciting opportunity for you to join one of Suffolk’s most energetic youth charities this Autumn.
Inspire Suffolk transforms the lives of young people across Suffolk through a range of education and development programmes, we are currently recruiting for motivated and energetic people who have experience of working with young people, preferably on NCS to lead and support a team of 15 young people during our Autumn programmes.
The National Citizen Service (NCS) is a fantastic opportunity open to all 15 to 17-year-olds across England, providing them with skills and experiences that can’t be learnt in the classroom. We aim to support participants’ personal and social development and help provide them with the confidence, skills and attitudes to take on active roles within their communities and develop themselves as part of their transition into adulthood.
AIM OF THE ROLE: As part of the role you will support the NCS Team Leader to encourage, motivate and inspire you team to make the most of their NCS experience and help them to develop transferable skills for their future.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES: Your main duties will include:
- Supporting, encouraging and motivating a team of fifteen young people to complete all phases of the NCS programme
- Assisting the NCS Wave Leader/Team Leader during all activities.
- Engaging and building positive relationships with young people
- Working with the NCS staff team to deal with any challenging behaviour
- Taking the lead at times when the Team Leader is dealing with a situation
- Supporting/delivering ice breaker activities to young people at keep warm events and during the actual programme.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE: To be successful in this role you will preferably have:
- GCSE’s or equivalent
- First Aid Qualification
- Previous NCS experience preferred but not essential
- Experience and understanding of the issues affecting young people.
- Ability to work on your own initiative to an agreed action plan.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues with tact and diplomacy
- Able to work within a flexible timetable
- To uphold and positively contribute to the credible reputation of Inspire Suffolk and the ethos of NCS, over the course of all activities associated with the NCS programme.
Dates Available for Ipswich and Halesworth programmes:
Wave 1 (Ipswich) – 2nd November to 19th November (11 days over 3 weeks)
Wave 2 (Halesworth) – 9th November to 26th November (11 days over 3 weeks)
Please state your preferred Wave within your application
Fixed rate of £975 per wave
HOW TO APPLY: Please attach a CV and Covering letter clearly explaining why you are applying for the role and email this to Garry Mills, Education Manager at [email protected] Please include how your experience matches what we are looking for in the job specification. As part of our NCS safer recruitment we also require you to register your interest on the NCS website https://wearencs.com/work-with-us/on-programme please select Inspire Suffolk as your preferred provider
The closing date for applications is the 6th October at 12pm, Interviews will take place on the 11th October.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send a completed application form with a detailed covering letter highlighting the experience and qualities you believe you can bring to our charity, and email this to Garry Mills, Education Manager at [email protected]
The closing date for applications is the 24th May at 12pm, Interviews will take place on the 26th and 27th May.