National Citizen Service Administrator
Our client, Inspire Suffolk, has an exciting opportunity for a part time Administrator. Reporting to the Projects Manager, the post holder will provide administrative support for the National Citizen Service (NCS) programme. Key tasks will include data entry, making telephone calls and taking messages, emailing and text messaging to young people, and their parents or guardians alongside all other administrative tasks within this area of the Charity’s work.
Key objectives of the role:
- Play a pivotal administrative role in the ongoing delivery of core activities.
- Maintain effective and positive relationships with all customers and clients providing high quality customer service.
- Mentor, coach and support individuals in the training and development of internal and external systems.
- Make effective use of resources.
- Take personal responsibility for the understanding and application of the charity’s values.
The post holder will provide efficient and meticulous administrative support to the programme, with a high level of attention to detail. They will process forms, information and data in a timely manner and ensure that all information held is up to date. Using data held, the post holder will provide weekly KPI information to the Projects Manager and the executive team. During periods of absence they will provide cover for general reception and admin duties.
- Proven experience of working within a fast paced and demanding role
- experience of planning organising and completing practical projects
- the ability to work flexibly
- office experience and experience of maintaining record management systems
- experience of working with young people
- proven customer service experience
Knowledge and understanding of the NCS programme would be beneficial, as would an understanding of safeguarding risk management and data protection.
- Enhanced DBS certificate (this is essential as part of the role and can be undertaken if the postholder does not already have a DBS Certificate).
- A good standard of education including GCSE grade A-C in English and Maths.
- Full UK driving licence and access to own vehicle
- level 2 or above in business administration
- A strong commitment to young people and an understanding of the factors affecting their lives
- effective communication skills, oral, written and listening
- excellent interpersonal skills
- patience, tolerance and flexibility
- Effective time management skills
- self-motivated and target driven
- ability to work to deadlines and agreed time scales
- competent in the use of Microsoft packages and database management
- enthusiasm stamina and a willingness to work on sociable hours when necessary
Full job description is available here.
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Application deadline: Friday 24/09/2021
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent Contract
Salary: £17,250 – £20,250 (pro-rata)
HOW TO APPLY: Please attach a CV and Covering letter in an email to Garry Mills, Education Manager at [email protected], clearly explaining why you are applying for the role and how your experience matches what we are looking for in the job specification.