The Youth Employment Service is a drop-in service for any young person (16 to 24 years) not engaged in education, employment or training (NEET). The service provides information, advice, signposting and practical support for any young person seeking information on employment, education and progression routes to help them into paid work, work placements, employment, voluntary work (as a stepping stone into work and a way to get ‘work ready’), education, apprenticeships and/or training.
Key objectives of the role:
- Create innovative ways to engage and reach young people in rural areas that cannot access the main hub due to transport issues/links
- Proactively engage with external partners and local employers to ensure Labour Market Information (LMI) remains current
- Deliver impartial Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) and support with CV’s, job searching and interview preparation
- To proactively achieve outcome KPI’s of 55% of young people into employment and 25% onto further training or education
- To take personal responsibility for the understanding and application of the Inspire Suffolk Values.
- Being the point of contact for local young people, referral partners and Parents/Guardians
- Deliver 1-2-1 and group workshops with specific focusing on employability skills, job searching and IAG
- Work with the Employer Engagement Advisor to screen and match candidates to current and relevant local vacancies
- Effectively manage a caseload of young people, ensuring 100% of participants remain engaged
- Actively monitor attendance to opportunities and ensure all registers of learning are recorded and customer records updated
- Keep internal systems up to date including the VIEWS Customer Record Management (CRM) system to record customer journey
- Working collaboratively with partners to facilitate access to a wide range of support options for high need customers.
- Adhere to Health, Safety and Safeguarding guidelines and ensure these are prioritised as part of the planning and delivery of sessions
- Work with the Employer Engagement Advisor to develop and maintain relationship with key stakeholders to maximise recruitment
- Proven experience of delivering information, advice and guidance
- proven experience of supporting disadvantaged young people (NEET) aged between 16 and 24 into sustainable outcomes
- recruitment experience, outward bound or direct delivery youth work, outreach or equivalent
- experience of sourcing a range of different pathways towards the labour market tailored to suit young people’s needs aspirations and the local labour market
- experience of delivering employability skills training and or workshops
- Enhanced DBS certificate (this is essential as part of the role and can be undertaken if the postholder does not already have a DBS Certificate).
- A good standard of education including GCSE grade A-C in English and Maths.
- Full UK driving licence and access to own vehicle
- Career Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) Level 4 or above
- Ability to inspire and engage young people
- careers advice and guidance
- presentation/teaching skills
- good organisational skills
- ability to effectively plan, manage, monitor and take proactive action
- self-motivated and target driven
- ability to work to deadlines and within agreed time scales
- a willingness to work outside normal office hours when required
Hours of work: 37.5 per week
Application deadline: Friday 24/09/2021
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent Contract
Salary: £20,000 – £24,000 per annum
Download the full job description. To apply for this role please complete an application form and send it along with a covering letter, highlighting the qualities you believe you can bring to our charity, to Garry Mills at [email protected].
Inspire Suffolk. Reg. Charity No: 1101519 No agencies please.