Inspire Suffolk, has an exciting opportunity for an Administrator. Reporting to the Centre Manager, the post holder will provide administrative support to the Inspire Centre and sports provision. This support will include data entry, telephone calls, emails and all administrative tasks related to these areas of the charity
Key objectives of the role:
- To play a pivotal administrative role in the ongoing delivery of the charities core activities.
- Maintain effective and positive relationships with all customers and external clients providing a high-quality customer service and administrative service, supporting a wide range of projects.
- Mentor, coach and support individuals in the training and development of internal/external CRM systems
- Manage effective use of the charity’s resources in response to the need of the centre.
- To take personal responsibility for the understanding and application of the Inspire Suffolk values
- To take personal responsibility for own Health, Safety and Welfare and that of colleagues in the workplace
- Taking enquiries, overseeing the booking process and co-ordinating the bookings, ensuring the calendars are updated to reflect ongoing bookings and changes.
- Leading enquiries and establishing rapport with existing hirers.
- Liaise with the Centre Operations Manager to ensure sufficient cover is maintained within the office during all peak periods.
- Maintaining the rota and priorities documents for the Duty Centre staff.
- Liaising with Finance over income for hire bookings in line with the finance policy and invoicing to timescales.
- Supporting the embedding of hire venue policies and processes at the Inspire Suffolk Centre and satellite sites.
- Collating feedback from all venue hire bookings and feeding through relevant issues.
- Meeting and greeting visitors to the charity and dealing with customers both face to face and on the telephone.
- Assisting with setting up of rooms for external hire bookings and ensuring access is available at the required times.
- Dealing with and processing compliments/complaints via email or telephone.
- Statutory checks including, emergency lighting, fire alarm testing, access management system.
- To undertake routine office tasks, i.e. photocopying, scanning, filling, answering the telephone and general email box during office hours, supporting a wide range of projects
- Compiling the registers for weekly courses and holiday courses/specialist courses.
- Oversee the effectiveness of the booking process for customers.
- Support customers booking onto sports programmes via the website and telephone.
- Booking external venues for sports provision.
- Uploading holiday club courses onto the website.
- To provide, update and maintain KPI figures for holiday courses to the sports Development officers and exec team
- Proven experience of working within a fast paced and demanding role
- experience of planning organising and completing practical projects
- the ability to work flexibly
- office experience and experience of maintaining record management systems
- experience of working with young people
- proven customer service experience
- knowledge and understanding of safeguarding, risk management and data protection would be an advantage.
- Enhanced DBS certificate (this is essential as part of the role and can be undertaken if the postholder does not already have a DBS Certificate).
- A good standard of education including GCSE grade A-C in English and Maths.
- Full UK driving licence and access to own vehicle
- level 2 or above in business administration
- A strong commitment to young people and an understanding of the factors affecting their lives
- effective communication skills, oral, written and listening
- excellent interpersonal skills
- patience, tolerance and flexibility
- Effective time management skills
- self motivated and target driven
- ability to work to deadlines and agreed time scales
- competent in the use of Microsoft packages and database management
- enthusiasm stamina and a willingness to work on sociable hours when necessary
- solution focused.
Hours of work: 37.5 per week
Application deadline: Friday 24/09/2021
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent Contract
Salary: £17,250 – £20,250 per annum
Please click here to review the full Job Description.
Send applications to Steph Ward, Centre Operational Manager at [email protected]